I must admit, I was quite excited when Coach Sue, over at, “The Courage To Adventure Blog” sent me a message to tell me she was nominating me for the, “One Lovely Blog Award”. I am grateful and honoured, to receive this “gift” from one of my favourite bloggers. Coach Sue consistently posts blogs that are inspiring, positive, insightful…and real. When I read her posts, I come away feeling more relaxed, invigorated and enlightened. So, you have to go and visit Coach Sue! Thank you for the nomination!
Like all blogging awards, the “One Lovely Blog Award” has a few requests of the nominee. I will do my best to follow the rules, but to be perfectly honest, I have NEVER been very good at doing that (lol). So, here are the rules:
- Give generous thanks to the blogger that nominated you – Check!
- Write seven things about yourself.
- Make a list of 15 bloggers you admire and let them know how awesome they are! These folks are the next round of honorees for the “One Lovely Blog Award” (I have decided to stick with 10).
Here I go…
Seven things about myself:
1) My mom always called me her third son, since I was an extreme Tomboy from a young age. But with two fully stocked, testosterone brothers; I didn’t stand a chance at becoming a dignified, elegant, feminine lady.
2) I am sort of a published writer…sort of. Upon completing my Honours BA in Psychology, with thesis…my thesis went on to become part of a published article in the journal, Animal Cognition. The title of the article is, Chunking versus foraging search patterns by rats in the hierarchically baited radial maze. This explains a lot about me, doesn’t it? I studied animal behaviour. This does explain why I am such and effective grade six teacher (lol).
3) I played varsity volleyball (power hitter) and varsity soccer (goalkeeper) for the University of Windsor Lancers. Being a goalkeeper for a low ranking university soccer team is a very frustrating experience though, trust me.
4) I love teaching students, mentoring teachers, and doing anything related to learning about learning (that sounds awkward), see #2.
5) I think, operate, and approach life at mach speed.
6) I have struggled with bouts of perfectionism, but I think I have finally perfected my way out of it. Ba-ha-ha-ha!
7) Family time is my favourite time. When all four of us are together, everything just feels better.
Now it’s time to nominate some other worthy bloggers. To be honest, I only visit a handful of blogs because I tend to read every post and all comments. I try NOT to spend endless hours online, so although I do read a lot of blogs, I don’t follow fifteen. Many of the blogs I do visit are more commercial or professional and my understanding is that the “One Lovely Blog Award” is not really something they would re-post or acknowledge. I will list as many lovely blogs as I can. I would urge you to visit them, since they all do wonderful work in their own way.
1. http://jamesdez.wordpress.com/ – also on Coach Sue’s list, but it is one of my favourites!
2. http://www.theredneckprincess.net/ – The Red Neck Princess is fun, real, and spirited
4. http://www.thereflectivewriter.com/ – celebrates the many rewards and benefits of writing in a wonderful way
5. http://tracikenworth.wordpress.com/ – shares her writing, her writing tips, and inspires those who love to write
6. http://thechangeyourlifeblog.wordpress.com/ – words to inspire and motivate us to live and be positive
7. http://healthdemystified.wordpress.com/ – real and honest information about health and nutrition
8. http://shalleemcarthur.blogspot.ca/ – for the wannabe writer in me
9. http://thesacc.wordpress.com/ – finding the balance between the busy and the body
10. http://leadershipfreak.wordpress.com/ – Dan Rockwell doesn’t need my recognition, but you need to follow him if you have any interest in leadership, human resources, business, or organizational harmony (regardless of industry)
Thanks again, Coach Sue! Keep sharing, writing, and inspiring.
All the best,